domingo, 1 de septiembre de 2013

Standing in the hallway

You showed me your back
and your hair
and I just couldn't
stop the beating of my heart.

You showed me your smile
and your voice,
and I couldn't do otherwise
but fall in love.

I gave you my soul,
but you said no.
I gave you all,
but you said no.

What's left in this world?
If not to be loved,
what's the next step in the way?
if not die, then run away.

It is impossible for me though,
because I can't live without you,
because my life is nothing
if you don't love me.

This is just the origin
of the end.
For your endless rejection
I blame myself.

You won't feel me leaving,
it will be as if I didn't exist,
and you won't realize
that once I was by your side.

Not even a goodbye,
or a wink tonight;
just avoiding,
so you will say nothing.

Even a word
could stop me going,
but you stay silent,
staring while standing.

I decided not to lose myself,
wasting my time on someone
who does not care
of what's around her.


Click to enlarge. "Just one path", photo property of this blog's owner. Córdoba, Argentina.